It is the start to a brand new year, for most people. As a new school year begins and summer transitions into fall, everyone is turning a new leaf and trying to make this year better than the last. For those of you who aren’t in college anymore and are starting a new job, this is your chance to have your new coworkers get to know the new-and-improved you!
Although it is easy to say change will happen, it is not always the easiest thing to do. But don’t you worry! Bombshell is here to serve you some inspirational Taraji P. Henson quotes that will surely make you feel like the fierce Cookie Lyon:
1. “It’s up to you to be responsible for how you feel if you’re not happy. Your happiness lies in your hands. You can’t rely on a man to make you happy or complete you. That starts with you.” – Taraji P. Henson
Be the light for yourself. Create your own happiness and never depend on someone else to make YOU smile.
2. “Humans have a light side and a dark side, and it’s up to us to choose which way we’re going to live our lives. Even if you start out on the dark side, it doesn’t mean you have to continue your journey that way. You always have time to turn it around.” – Taraji P. Henson
Never forget the essence of your spark. Bring out the light hidden underneath that negativity and make something good out of it.
3. “At the end of the day, I stand by who I am. I’m a good person.” – Taraji P. Henson
You may do things you regret, but at the end of the day, you may look back and not regret it at all. Stand by your decisions.
4. “I’m always interested in challenging myself and pushing and seeing how far I can go.” – Taraji P. Henson
The opportunity in this world is endless. If a new door opens up, take the chance and go through it even if it makes you a bit uncomfortable.
5. “I don’t ever want to feel complacent.” – Taraji P. Henson
Everything you do should be to become a better you. Be happy with your actions and keep moving forward.