Light up the barbecue for a memorable Mother’s Day feast
A bouquet of flowers has a limited shelf life, and there is always some trepidation about a gift — is it the right size? Will she like it? Will she use it? — when considering how to celebrate Mother’s Day.
But it is hard to go wrong by creating an experience for Mom that includes having her family around her for the day. As the spring weather turns and it begins warming up, a home-cooked meal on the backyard grill is something Mom can truly appreciate.
Cooking on the barbecue adds unique flavours and textures that can elevate just about any meal. You don’t have to be an expert with the tongs to create something that the whole family will enjoy, whether it’s an appetizer, side dish, main course or even dessert.
Napoleon recommends the following dishes for Mother’s Day, which can be found among dozens of others at the Napoleon recipe blog:
- BBQ Breakfast – Breakfast in bed is a classic treat for Mother’s Day, but you can kick it up a notch this year by cooking everything on the grill. This recipe for a full breakfast with eggs three ways, hash browns, bacon and toast is the perfect way to start Mother’s Day.
- Watermelon and Feta Skewers – These easy appetizers are great because they have surprisingly complex flavours and textures, but aren’t too heavy. When grilled, the watermelon loses its grainy texture and the feta takes on an enticing smokiness and becomes even creamier. Garnished with balsamic reduction and fresh basil, this recipehas a wow factor.
- The Best Roasted Potatoes Ever – There is little that goes better with a special dinner than the best roasted potatoes ever. These bites of potato are both crispy and fluffy. Imagine a caramelized crunch, seasoned to perfection, breaking away as you bite down, to reveal the fluffiest, most perfect potato on earth. This is a recipe that will even make Great Grandmother proud!
- Maple Garlic Chicken – This chicken is simply delicious. Super garlicky, sweet and sticky, it goes well with just about anything (including the best roasted potatoes ever!). This recipe is great for any cut of chicken, from drumsticks to thighs, whole legs and breasts, especially with the skin on.
- Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon – Fancy meals don’t get easier than these Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon steaks. This recipe is hard to mess up – tenderloin remains fairly tender, even if it gets a little overcooked. Serve this with a light salad for a refreshing meal or with more hearty grilled veggies and some baked potatoes.
- Grilled Banana Boat Sundaes – Don’t forget about dessert! Full of warm banana-chocolatey goodness and topped with ice cream and toppings of your choice, these sundaes will be loved by the whole family. The best part? This recipe is as easy to make as it is delicious.