Media legend Oprah Winfrey will host a two part special on her network and other platforms addressing racial injustice in the United States.
OWN Spotlight: Where do we go from here? Will air on Tuesday June 9 and Wednesday June 10 at 9pm ET/PT. Oprah appears to be very keen to get the message out, as she has made the special available across a wide range of platforms:
- On the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) and across Discovery’s US networks. Both networks will play limited commercials throughout.
- Available to stream on the Watch OWN and Discovery Family TVE apps. Both free of charge.
- Streaming OWN’s YouTube Facebook and Instagram
- Available on Discovery’s global platforms in more than 200 counties and territories. This is he first time in history a program has simulcast across Discovery Inc’s entire portfolio.
The special is comprised of in-depth conversations with Black thought leaders, activists, and artists. Oprah speaks to them about systemic racism and offers insight into pressing questions: “What matters now?” “What matters next?” “Where do we go from here?”
The guests include…
- Stacey Abrams: Journalist
- Charles M. Blow: Atlanta Mayor
- Keisha Lance Bottom: Academy award-nominated filmmaker and founder of ARRAY
- Ava DuVernay: (“When They See Us,” “13th”, “Queen Sugar”)
- Jennifer Eberhardt: Professor and author (author of “Biased”)
- Nikole Hannah-Jones: Journalist and Pulitzer prize-winning founder of the “1619 Project
- Ibram Kendi: Historian and author (“How to be an Anti-Racist”)
- David Oyelowo: Award-winning actor (“Selma”)
- Rashad Robinson: Color of Change president
- Bishop William J. Barber II: Co-Chair of The Poor People’s Campaign and President of Repairers of the Breach
Below are clips from the conversations.
Charles Blow: “This Is About Power”
Nikole Hannah-Jones on the Collective Grief of Black Americans
Rashad Robinson Discusses the Intention Behind Activism