The 2017 Tony Awards took place Sunday night and the red carpet styles were stunning in every single way: beautiful or hideous.
Alek Wek, Michelle Wilson, Scarlett Johansson, Cynthia Erivo, Sutton Foster, Carolyn Murphy, and Denée Benton, wore some of the best and worst dresses of the evening. You would think, “These actresses have stylists don’t they?” with some of their looks.
Here’s the mixed list of ladies who graced the red carpet last night:
1. Alek Wek: The British model definitely turned some heads with her elegant one-shoulder dress and bold thigh-high heels. Her dress was perfect for the occasion, but yikes, those silver and black boots were not the right choice.
2. Michelle Wilson: She had all the photographers ‘Sweat‘-ing in their suits as she blazed down the carpet in the in the red-hot Hakaan dress. The Broadway actress’ off-the-shoulder dress was a perfect combination of sexy and classy.
3. Scarlett Johansson: Her black and white stripe suit-looking dress definitely is a mixed-feelings sort of attire. Johansson does pull off the look, but if it were anyone else, wearing the floor length dress with the white belt around their waist, it wouldn’t look as good.
4. Cynthia Erivo: She rocked her performance with Leslie Odom Jr. last night and wowed onlookers on the red carpet. Her black deep v-cut dress, longsleeves and short train was a perfect wowza outfit for the British actress.
5. Sutton Foster: Another deep v-cut dress, floor length, jeweled gown is worn by Foster, which is accented by having her hair up in a low bun. Her black and silver clutch gives a bit more sparkle to her gown.
6. Carolyn Murphy: A silver disaster. She wears a side knot silver gown that looks like a piece grandmothers would fight over at a Macy’s store. Definitely not something her stylist should have recommended for the red carpet.
7. Denée Benton: Save the best for last! She may have blended in with the green and white floral background of the carpet, but Benton seriously gave us some summer-rainforest vibes! The green top of her dress was a perfect combination with the green and white bottom of the leafy gown. A very unique piece and chic looking for the Tony’s.